Do you care about what truth really is….or are you happy to accept ‘status quo’ ? (ie that which has always been or what other people tell you is right)
What basis do you use to assess truth? Is it what feels good and seems right to you? What then makes your truth more true than anyone else’s contradictory feelings and opinions?
For Christians there is only one basis of truth. It is NOT what your pastor has taught….nor what you have read in a book… nor what you ‘think’.
It is what God says in the scriptures, in context and rightly divided. Jesus says… ‘and the scriptures cannot be broken’.
False religions always start by attacking the credibility of the scriptures....but the parchments found in the Qumran caves prove that the same scriptures which Jesus (the prophet to Islam...and the firstborn son of God to Mormonism) said "CANNOT be broken", have indeed not been changed ...but yet the chorus of deceit continues?
So from where does the lie come that scriptures have been corrupted? .... from the master of deception, SATAN himself!
Have you ever questioned how a religion from the seventh century and then those from the 19th century supposedly know more about the TRUTH than Jesus himself?
The scriptures say… ‘Forever Oh Lord thy word is settled in the heavens’.
“Sanctify them in thy truth…thy WORD is truth”
“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life”….We can see the truth by looking at Jesus in the scriptures.
To discover the truth we need to be prepared to search the scriptures.....and to pray. We need to learn to listen to the Spirit of Truth which dwells in each of us as believers....as Jesus promised 'he will lead you into all truth'. You will find yourself going on a journey....peeling away many layers of religious dogma and false doctrine....finally arriving at a place where your heart knows you are founded on truth.
The truth we arrive at will be a place of reality....it will be both 'intellectually credible' ...and it will be 'existentially satisfying'
32 And you shall know the truth , and the truth shall make you free ." NKJV
TTTruth is L The truth is LIBERATING!
Truth alone provides us with a place of rest and a solid foundation to build our lives on
"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." NKJV
What foundation are you building your life on?
In the search for truth, let us examine what the scriptures say about the following topics:-
(Please put your steel capped boots on….these articles may ‘tread on your corns’)
1) Who is this Jesus …and The Father….and the Holy Spirit….ie our Triune God?
2) What is the church that HE is building?
3) What is the gospel?
4) What church leadership is supposed to be?
5) What about the anointed ministry?
6) Should ministers be paid a salary?
7) What is ‘salvation’, ‘being born again’, having ‘eternal life’, redeemed, justified, made righteous, etc ?
8) Are Christians required to give tithes, ‘first-fruits’ or ‘offerings’...or to sow money ?
9) How we fulfill our role as ‘sons and daughters’ of God?
10) Living under the covenant of ‘grace’ rather than 'under the Law'…learning to trust God’s love for us rather than our own ‘works of righteousness’…while letting the Spirit of God transform our lives.
11) Being ‘led by the Spirit’, hearing the voice of God, having dreams and visions, and prophesying
12) Manifestations of the Holy Spirit
13) Reading the ‘Spirit’ and NOT the letter of the word
14) What the 'local church' is
15) Hermeneutics simplified…reading what the scriptures are really teaching, in context and in the correct covenant. Who is being addressed….what is God communicating to them….and how would the hearers have understood it and how it applies to us today.
16) How to avoid ‘proof-texting’….ie being in context and weighting the detailed specific teachings more heavily than incidental comments in other contexts or in parables.....and “In the mouth of two witnesses on three let EVERY word be confirmed”
17) Letting the Spirit reveal truths which are hidden for us….interacting with the Holy Spirit ...your teacher. (listen for questions…answering what comes from within…asking if you are right…listen for follow-up questions….keep going until the ‘light goes on’) The Spirit frequently uses other scriptures which will bring clarity and context.
18) What is the Glory of God?
19) Can ALL be healed?
20) Hearing the voice of God
21) Now faith is....
22) What is truth?
30) Church Problems addressed.......Do we have to always accept the status quo.....or do we have the right to say "THIS IS WRONG!"
50) The Truth about the END TIMES .... At last it all ties together and makes sense!